We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Develop methods for data handling and management for each individual project.
- Analyze the company’s website, products, and customers’ behavior.
- Present findings and recommend actions to management team, and clientele.
- Set up the reports in a flexible manner for both internal and external use.
- Check data for errors, inconsistencies, usability and relevance.
- Use data as input for improving existing products and conceiving new products.
- Write relevant sections (e.g. scope or project action plan) of proposals to search for new projects.
- Attend conference, trainings and professional networking opportunities to maintain an awareness of new research in the field.
Proven experience as a data scientist/data analystExperience in data mining.Extensive expertise in algorithms, statistical analysis, and big data handling.Understanding of machine-learning and operations researchKnowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset.Familiarity with statistical analysis languages and tools like Python, SQL, MATLAB.Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)Analytical mind and business acumenExcellent communication and presentation skillsBSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.Ability to provide expert advice to non-technical staff and clients.